- Counting unique beats agents sending data into Elasticsearch (July 18, 2019)
- How to keep Elasticsearch synchronized with a relational database using Logstash (June 20, 2019)
- Improving the performance of Logstash persistent queues (June 15, 2019)
- Improving the performance of high-cardinality terms aggregations (May 9, 2019)
- Debugging Elasticsearch and Lucene with IntelliJ IDEA (Feb 2, 2019)
- A step-by-step guide to enabling security, TLS/SSL, and PKI authentication in Elasticsearch (Nov 5, 2018)
- How to tune Elasticsearch for aggregation performance (Oct 2, 2018)
- Deduplicating documents in Elasticsearch (July 23, 2018)
- Using Logstash to drive filtered data from a single source into multiple output destinations (August 31, 2018)
- Using Logstash prune capabilities to whitelist sub-documents (August 28, 2018)
- Trade-offs to consider when storing binary data in MongoDB (March 2, 2017)
- How to generate unique identifiers for use with MongoDB (Jan 30, 2017)
- How to manually perform a point in time restore in MongoDB (Jan 25, 2017)
The publications listed below have been cited 2407 times as of July 2019, according to Google Scholar.
- Architecture and CAD for Deep-Submicron FPGAs (Mar, 1999 — The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science).
- Cluster-Based Architecture, Timing-Driven Packing and Timing-Driven Placement for FPGAs (Apr 1999 — National Library of Canada).
- The Stratix II Logic and Routing Architecture (Nov 2005 — ACM/Sigda 13th International Symposium on Field-Programmabel Gate Arrays).
- The Stratix Routing and Logic Architecture (Feb 2003 — ACM/Sigda International Symposium on Field-Programmable Gate Arrays).
- Speed and Area trade-offs in Cluster-Based FPGA Architectures (Feb 2000 — IEEE Transactions on VLSI).
- Timing-Driven Placement for FPGAs (Feb 2000 — Proc. 8th. ACM/SIGDA Intl. Symposium on FPGAs).
- Using Cluster-Based Logic Blocks and Timing-Driven Packing to Improve FPGA Speed and Density (Feb 1999 — Proc. 7th ACM/SIGDA Intl. Symposium on FPGAs).
- US patent 8,516,595 – Method and system for estimating the reliability of blacklists of botnet-infected computers
- US patent 7,218,133 – Versatile logic element and logic array block
- US patent 6,970,014 – Routing architecture for a programmable logic device
Open source software projects
- Lexavideo – WebRTC-based video conferencing and chat platform – Full stack of software for a chat and video website.
- Lexalink – social network (dating website) platform – Full stack of software that was used for hosting several dating websites from 2009 to 2015.
- Verilog to Routing — Open Source CAD Flow for FPGA Research – Author of the original timing-driven placement and timing-driven packing algorithms used for automating the design and layout of electronic circuits.
- Author of three papers that were selected to be amongst the 25 most significant FPGA papers of the past 20 years at the 20th anniversary of the International Symposium on Field-Programmable Gate Arrays in 2012.
- MBA – IESE Business School.
- M.A.Sc. – University of Toronto, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering Research Group.
- B.Sc. – University of Manitoba, Electrical & Computer Engineering.